All on 4 dental implants are a breakthrough in the field of fixed oral rehabilitation. The procedure quite literally makes it possible for patients who have lost most, if not all of their teeth, to get a brand new set of teeth that are fixed, non-removable, immediately functional and natural-looking. But what really makes the “All-on-4” such a revolutionary tooth replacement technique is that it can typically achieve all this in as little as a single surgery of a few hours only.
Dr. Gasser recommends this protocol for its many benefits over traditional dental implant techniques and tooth replacement technologies, such as dentures. But at the core of it all, he recommends the “All-on-4” because it gives his patients a much better quality of life and a more confident and beautiful smile; something removable dentures simply cannot do.
Let’s take a closer look at this dental implant protocol…
What is the “All-on-4″?
The “All on 4″ is a dental implant technique for fixed oral rehabilitation. It is generally recommended to patients who either have already lost all of their original adult teeth or are about to. In other words, if you wear removable partial or full dentures, you could be a candidate for All on 4 dental implants.
The concept behind this procedure is very simple. Dr. Gasser removes all of your old and failing teeth while you are under sedation. He then inserts four titanium dental implants into the upper and/or lower jaw, depending on whether you need only one arch or both dental arches replaced. Through the precise positioning and careful angulation of these dental implants, Dr. Gasser can:
- Avoid damaging vital oral structures, such as the nerve canal in the lower jaw and sinus cavity in the upper jaw.
- Provide good support for a prosthetic dental bridge that is custom created at our office to comfortably fit the natural contours of your jaw.
- Avoid the need for bone grafting surgery, which is frequently required to augment the bone volume in patients who have been wearing dentures for many years and have, as a result, suffered hard tissue atrophy.
By eliminating the need for bone grafting surgery, the “All-on-4” not only provides patients with a very direct route to oral rehabilitation – one that almost always takes a single day instead of up to 18 months – but it also saves them tens of thousands of dollars on medical bills!
The Benefits of “All-on-4″ Implants over Traditional Implant Techniques
Compared to traditional dental implant techniques, the “All-on-4″:
- Only requires four implants per jaw (as opposed 6, 8 or even 10 per jaw),
- In most cases, only requires a single surgery (older implant protocols required several),
- Typically avoids the need for bone grafting surgery,
- Has a much higher success rate,
- Can be completed in as little as a single day,
- Saves patients tens of thousands of dollars on oral rehabilitation.
Of the last 200 “All on 4″ cases Dr. Gasser has seen to, only two could not have their new teeth loaded the same day. That said, we maintain an exceptionally high success rate with immediate loading (same day teeth) being our goal and not a guarantee.
The Benefits of “All-on-4″ Implants over Removable Dentures
There is little comparison to be made between having fixed, non-removable teeth and dentures, which is why Dr. Gasser always recommends the “All-on-4″ to his edentulous and near-edentulous patients. With this advanced technique for fixed oral rehabilitation, you need never worry about:
- Your teeth slipping around or falling out,
- What to eat – with the “All-on-4″ you can eat what you want,
- Gagging and taste impediment due to bulky dentures,
- Sore and sensitive gums,
- The need to buy anesthetic gels, soaking solutions, messy adhesives and other denture products,
- Unnatural, aged smile aesthetics.
All on 4 dental implants typically provide a one time and long term solution to rampant tooth loss and edentulism caused by periodontal (gum) disease. They look, function and feel like natural teeth and support the health of the underlying jaw bone.
Contact Gasser Dental Today to Book Your Appointment!
If you would like to find out more about this breakthrough dental implant protocol or would like to schedule an appointment with Dr. Gasser, please don’t hesitate to contact us at (623) 972-8217. Alternatively, you can Leave Your Details with Us and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!